The 2007 Peachtree Road Race

Happy Independence Day & Happy 231'st birthday America!!! :-). It is really good to live in the Land of the free and the home of the brave.

This morning, I ran in the 38th running and my personal second running of the traditional Atlanta Peachtree Road Race. It was a lot of fun this year - I started out in time group 4, which was a great thing for me because I started in time group 9 last year and I can defintely tell what a difference starting 40-50 minutes earlier makes, especially on a Hotlanta summer day. I finished in slightly more than one hour (less than 61 minutes)... which was especially good considering that I walked during the last 1000 feet or so of "cardiac hill," along most of the water stations, and defintely for the Planet Smoothie smoothie stop in Mile 5 (Yum!). I'm wearing the t-shirt now :-).

A few tidbits from the race:
Favorite costumes: Aside from the numerous Uncle Sam outfits that a I saw, the bravest costume I saw was from somewhere in Mile 1... I saw a guy running (yes, running) in a full Star Wars (plastic) Storm Trooper costume. He was going quite slow... as you can imagine with the plastic plating. Bless his heart.

Best "Mooo-ve of the race" - As I was passing the Chick-fil-A in south Buckhead on P-tree Road, of course the cows were out in full force urging runners to "Eat Mor Chikin." I swerved into the sidewalk to high five a cow and then turned into the street to receive a hand off of a Fish radio sticker that I put (temporarily) on my butt to show my support. Given how my posterior was sweaty at this point (mile 3 or 4), it fell off :oP. Not the best move there - haha.

Now's a little time to relax... rehydrate... and get cleaned up for the cookout party and fireworks watching I'm heading to later. Fun times :)

Happy Fourth! God Bless America!!!

chris <><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

The B(C)S Strikes Again