Now, I'm going to let out a dirty little secret about me... When I was growing up... ok, I still do this... the first page I reach for in the newspaper is the comics section. Yes, even today... even before the Sports page. I love the comics.

One of my favorites of course is Peanuts and good 'ol Charlie Brown, and one of the quotes that I love the most from Charlie Brown is "Happiness is a warm puppy" (when he's hugging Snoopy). So, seeing as though I'm in a very content mood now (having nothing to do with going to the beach tomorrow... NOT!), I figured I'd provide my own little "happiness is..." list from my experiences.

Happiness is...

"Chillaxin on the beach with a good book and the sound of the waves crashing in your ears."

"Toasting to awesome friends over a good bottle of Spanish wine."

"Getting an encouraging handwritten note in the mail" (even better when it's laced with perfume)

"Having your friends compliment you on a great dinner party after working hard to make sure everything is done right."

"Reading a good book at Starbucks"

"Laughing histerically for a good five minutes after getting a witty e-mail zinger about hairdressers in Hardees." (don't ask... lol)

"Hearing about the how God is opening doors and reaching people at a place where you're about to travel on a mission trip in a week and a half."

"Getting a big hug after a long and tiring day."

"Feeling the jeans that used to hug your butt sag as you put them on" (oh yeah - had that feeling today! :-) )

"Resting in the love of Jesus knowing that all of the stuff the world throws at you cannot possibly steal your joy."

"Hearing a new song on a CD and replaying it in the car until you know all the words and can sing it with Casting Crowns (ok - so you know the CD now) at the top of your lungs in the car."

"Massages, enough said."

"Witnessing God's creation in all it's glory... it's especially good in Banff, Alberta :-)... I'm not partial at all."

"Witnessing your school BEAT THE H*** outta your hated arch rival screaming in joyful bliss with 86,000 of your closest friends and high-fiving people that you just met and probably won't ever see again." (11/18/1999... I was there. A&M 20, t.u. 16)

"Great worship music."

"Moments where God intimately speaks to your soul."

................
More to come... this was a fun blog to write :)

chris <><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace