Happy Fourth!!!

Happy birthday America!!! :-)

What an interesting time in the history of our country... Here's hoping that year 233 is incredible... including lower gas prices :-).

As in the past two years, I celebrated the Fourth early this morning by denying myself sleep (my body wasn't happy with me at 6AM this morning) and donning my running clothes to go out to the Peachtree Road Race and go earn that coveted t-shirt. This year's shirt was really neat.. it is SIMPLE and includes an American flag theme which is something that I like. It's also colored steel blue (not to be confused with "Blue Steel" from Derek Zoolander's reprotroie) which made it a relatively attractive find. I earned it this year because I have been nursing a sore left ankle since Wednesday and decided to go for it... if I had to walk I had to walk and I did walk a good part of the race because of the ankle, but I finished in good time considering :-).

Some interesting observations from the race:

Favorite shirt: The Waffle House running shirt... which had written on the back: "WARNING... This runner is powered by Bert's Chili" (I have never had Burt's chili before, but I imagine that you wouldn't want to run behind a runner that is ACTUALLY powered by clean burning natural gas).

Most disturbing thing: Too many speedos! Not good.

Favorite costume: Not as many of these, but the bar van people came out in costume. I liked the Chick-Fil-A cows donning the Uncle Sam hats :-)

I also am looking forward to having the finish line at Piedmont Park again. The near-downtown, along Juniper Street finish line made everything really crowded and it was hard to find people. The way to the Powerade, T-shirts, and letter balloons was a maze.

Later this afternoon I'm going to chill at a cookout (that I've earned from 6.2 miles of running in Time Group 9 PLUS 2+ miles of walking before and after the race to get around. Should be a good time. Tomorrow I'm heading down to Panama City Beach for my Estonia missions team retreat. We're meeting at mi casa early tomorrow and going in one car (4 of us). 6 hours of bonding... whoo-hoo!

chris <><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

The B(C)S Strikes Again