What a stud!

Had to share...  read this part of his last speech to his peeps in Ephesus before sailing to Jerusalem.

"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." - Acts 20:22-24


Seriously. Compared to Paul's determination to finish out the race God set before him, I feel like such a slacker :-).  Bummed knees a week before a race (which has been the physical reminder God has given me this week about "finishing the race" - in this case a literal race) are nothing compared to being stoned, beaten, or put in prison for the gospel.  I will say that it motivates me to look past some of my own puny obstacles and see the gospel and grace as huge, powerful, and worthy as they truly are.  If only we could put ourselves in Paul's shoes (not that many of us would probably want to though ;) )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace