40 things

I have just got home from a work trip to Boulder, and am still awake.  My brain hasn't shut down, and I imagine that my tying on this blog isn't helping matters any.

This was an incredibly busy week work-wise, so there wasn't much margin to go out and have fun.  However, it was the opening week for a lot of ski mountains out in Colorado and with my knee being healthy for the first time in 2 ski seasons (I was getting ready for, and recovering from miniscus surgery last season, so no trips) the talk around the office about skiing got my engine running.  I want to go back, badly.

It also got me thinking, now, about a "40 things I want to do before 40" list that is in my head but not on paper.  Ambition does that, it makes you think about "what's next" and gives you something to shoot for.  Ambition can be a bad thing, if it's all about boosting ego, but ambition itself isn't a bad thing... it's what propelled Paul to go out and reach the entire Gentile world of his day.  

So - in my ambitious bent, I'd like to start dreaming of mine.  Those of you who know me give me some thoughts :-)

Here's a start:
- I'd like to ski Heavenly, and return to Vail and do the back bowls (which I wasn't skilled enough to do when I was learning the first time I went out there)
- I would like to have and train a dog (especially one that I can run with)
- I want to run and keep stride for an entire 1/2 Marathon and complete an injury free training.
- I want to do an extended backpacking trip on the App Trail
- I would like to have two additional mentors and develop a regular cadence of meeting and learning from them.
- I want to have traveled to Italy
- I would like to do a "guys trip" with my brothers to a really cool place.  Totally mancation
- I want to visit the other 2 big National Parks (Glacier and Yellowstone)
- I would like to drive the entire PCH from LA to San Francisco.
- I would like to reduce my list of "states not visited" - perhaps a ski trip in Vermont and/or Montana/Idaho, a relaxing stay in Portland, ME... who knows?  It's cool that my "states not visited" list is shorter than my "states I have visited list."

Those are some of my "late night" thoughts.  I'll probably throw some more thought into this over Thanksgiving :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

The B(C)S Strikes Again