Country Music Enigma

I get into seasons where I listen to a lot of Country music, and I'm currently in one.  I've listened to the Bull on the way to work a lot.  Some of the songs are just good for the soul, and some are great for a laugh.

I think it's interesting that you could be listening to a song like this, in which you heart smiles (I can be a sucker for romantic songs) and I think "oh wow - this would be a great first dance at my wedding.  My current favorite is this one... the lyrics are awesome (especially the ending)



And then the very next song.

Yes, the very next song.

Finishes its chorus with these words...


Chew tobacco
Chew tobacco
Chew tobacco...
SPIT!

Thank you Blake Shelton.

And now I can't get that song out of my head for the rest of your day.

Anyone else feel this confused?

Okay - I may secretly like that Blake Shelton song... it is really really redneck, though ;-)

I just wonder why Country stations always play a song like this behind an "awwwww" romantic song... Hmmmmmm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace