Barracuda is a rock star!



Well, my friends... to answer my last post... Barracuda hit a home run!

For those that don't know, Barracuda Sarah was Sarah Palin's nickname playing high school basketball. We could see last night how she earned that nickname with toughness, tenacity, and NO FEAR. Way to go John McCain for picking her.

Well, if you think that Barracuda's nomination for Maverick's running mate got people talking, you should have waited for her speech. Apparently a lot of people in the liberal media have been working overtime to discredit, marginalize, and destroy her, and instead of backing down and letting them get away with all that crap, she went after them.. and kept going after them... and then went after their golden boy Barack Obama. Not with the kind of character assassination that we hate in politics, but with a fact-based comparison of his experience base and hers... and that got people talking.

The one thing that got people talking the most was the line about "well, being a small town mayor is like being a community organizer (which is how B.O. started his political career) but with real responsibilities." This has been pontificated in the media and by the Dems at length after the speech, and so it got me thinking a little bit. In a sense, community organizers (I think it's a noble thing, by the way) rally people to fight for causes and force government decisions that favor their community's interests. Surely a noble thing if going after noble causes and fighting for people in need, which I believe B.O. did. However, this sounds a LOT like the role of a lobbyist or a PAC... think about it for a second. And, isn't Barack the one saying that he wants to "take Washington back from the lobbyists and special interests?" Something does not connect... he was the lobbyist/special interests, and now he wants to go to Washington to take Washington back from his own people. Please explain that to me.

Anyways, sarcasm aside Sarah Palin's comparison was a fair one because she was accountable to a voting public for how she stewarded the city... including things like taxes, running city services and the public good. Obama rallied people to petition government for the causes he/they believed in. He was not really as accountable as the mayor that had a budget, an executive record, and had to run for reelection.

On another tone, I signed up on Barack Obama's website for his email list before he made the Joe Biden announcement. Can I tell you, this guy sends out a LOT of spam asking for $5 donations. I feel like I'm getting bamboozled by a televangelist now. This morning, his campaign director sent out an email telling his followers that Republicans are dissing community organizers (actually she wasn't, she was dissing it as a comparison to holding an executive office and having to make decisions as a head of government) and asked for everyone to send $5 to send a message to all those Washington fat cats out there. Oh... kay. I think the next thing I may get is an advertisement for a healing towel with Obama/Biden printed on one side for $14.95 that will give me free health care for life. I'm still waiting on that little pitch.

By the way, I liked the sarcastic jabs at Barak's messianic tone during this campaign :-)

My vote is decided from yesterday, and while I'm still going to look it up, it wasn't really decided on Sarah Palin's speech but on Rudy Giuliani's, when he stated that Barack Obama, as a member of the Illinois legislature, voted "present" 134 times during his tenure. Present means he didn't take a stand, didn't take a position. My friends, if that is true, do you want that kind of indecisiveness (and politicizing) in a President of the United States????? Do you want to know what that reminded me of... the presidency of Jimmy Carter!!! I mean, Jimmy Carter is similar to Barack Obama... good guy, inspirational, likeable, ANALYSIS PARALYSIS... and look how well we fared in the Carter presidency. Seriously. In that sense, Barack, thanks but no thanks... I would prefer to stay away from double-digit unemployment, high taxes, out of control gas prices (yes, it could get worse), out of control inflation, foreign terrorists holding Americans and America hostage... etc. Not saying that would happen under your presidency, but it did happen under Carter's and I'd prefer to stay away from more of that. If that is change, I don't think I could believe in it.

Your thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace