Lane Kiffin

Did I call it or did I call it?  In my October 2009 blog about Lane Kiffin at Tennessee, I called out this guy as "unworthy." 
http://cdubsmusings.blogspot.com/2009/10/worthy-and-unworthy.html

Yesterday, Kiffin solidified that position.  One year, and a 7-6 (4-4 SEC) record, and Lane Kiffin and his daddy are bolting from Rocky Top after getting beaten like a stepchild by the Florida Gators, whom Lane Kiffin won't ever be getting to beat the Hell outta because he's LEAVING.  For... USC. 

Nevermind that Pete Carroll is bolting that program now that he has to compete with Rick Neiuhesel for recruits and the coaching talent pool in the Pac 10 has greatly improved.  I wonder if Southern Cal is going to want him back after tanking another NFL stint (did you see what he didn't do with the talent that Bill Belicheck had won 3 Super Bowls with in New England?).  Pete Carroll... definitely unworthy.  You should have stayed in school. 

And Lane... I can continue to dis you and like the Vols, because a coach with a LOT more class is going to be taking over.  And I'm happy you're at a school that I dislike as much as you (boo to the University of Spoiled Children).  As for the Vols, I'm hearing some rumors of Will Muschamp... he'd be a STEAL for Tennessee (much better than the Horns stealing weak take Chris Simms from Rocky Top in the 11th hour recruiting wars a few years back)

As for the players you left, I hope that you (unlike Pete) didn't notify them of your departure with a text message.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

The B(C)S Strikes Again