Single guy cooking tips

A couple of months ago, I made one of the best cheap purchases at Target that I've made in a while.  $20 has changed my life - in the form of a waffle iron that I use very religiously now.

It's easy to clean.  Simple to use.  And it just sits on my counter and calls my name in the morning.  And the results are really awesome...

I made this waffle out of Trader Joe's multigrain baking and pancake mix and frozen fresh blueberries from Publix.  I got the fiber, the antioxidants, and the yummy goodness all in one plate.  It's awesome.

Now you're probably asking, where do you have time to make this great waffle batter every morning?  The answer... I don't have to, but the waffle mix is pretty easy to put together.  I picked up an interesting tip from an article on reusing consumables and one tip that they gave I thought was pure genius.  They recommended repurposing a Heinz ketchup bottle as a waffle batter dispenser, so I tried this and it works like a charm (it doesn't hurt that I love ketchup).  So, I have about 4 waffles worth of batter in a recently finished ketchup bottle
and now all I have to do is get the batter bottle, spray on some non-stick on my Oster waffle maker, pour, make my coffee, and go.

And as a single guy with a busy life, I love finding great ways to live healthy & convenient, and create margin.

And by the way, I did try that "Batter blaster" product when I originally bought my waffle iron and it is UN-worthy.  There is so much air in that batter that it makes very substandard waffles.  If you care about quality, don't buy that stuff - even though the spray on thing I have to admit is pretty cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace