Love that never fails

Ever catch one of those songs that you have to play over and over?  That was me, running over along the Hooch this afternoon.  Four times, actually.  After a week like I've had, these were good words to remind my soul of whom my hope rests in.  

Nothing can separate

Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

God, your faithfulness doesn't depend on me.

I know I still make mistakes
But You have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails

Please cleanse my heart and let it come alive with passion for you Lord.  I want to experience your mercy over me.

Chorus:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

This is the part that got me - even when it seems like the tide is pressing up against me, I don't have to fear because I belong to Jesus.  His love for me never fails.

Verse 2:
The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone here in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails

We are never, ever, outside of the bounds of God's reach.  His love speaks louder than the voice of culture, of the crowd, and even our own doubts. His love never fails.

You make all things work together for my good

This is the part where faith comes in... He promises that He will work everything to His good purposes for us if we are in Christ Jesus.  It's true, but do we let our heart rest in that fact, even if it does't look that way in our present circumstances? 

God's amazing love for us, proven at the cross and secured by the empty tomb, never ever fails.  Lord, let that shout and voices that seek to harm whisper.  You are everlasting, and true.  Your love never fails

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace