The weekend is here :-)

Man, I am really glad that the weekend is here. I'm defintely going to enjoy the down time, even though I'm struggling to keep from going completely sick like a lot of people I know.

I'm fine... my voice is not. I didn't sound good AT ALL at Night of Worship (this is the singer in me critiquing my sound quality for the evening)... so I'm hoping that my throat clears up before Upstreet on Sunday.

Yes, this is the uber-musical weekend :-). I just got back from the Night of Worship that my friends Jeff, Bethany, Kyle, et. al. put on. It was a great time to hang out in community and praise God through songs... a great way to spend a Friday evening. Even if, I sounded bad... God obviously cares more about the quality of the music flowing from our hearts than the music that's flowing out of our mouths.

Tomorrow I'm going to "Coffee House" - an event that Tony Marchetti and some of his crew started up (at a coffee house in Roswell, GA) that has exploded into a big quarterly event. A lot of cool peeps will be there and I'm sure that the band(s) will be playing some good tunes. I usually enjoy these events.

And finally, this Sunday is one of my weeks to sing for the kiddos in Upstreet. I love doing worship there... and am just hoping that my sound quality actually improves between now and Sunday so they're not notching my microphone down ;-).

To finish the blog... this is a week that I'm glad is over and ended on a very good note. God has been teaching me a lot over the last year and a half about applying forgiveness and this week gave me an excellent opportunity to do exactly that. Not certain how it would turn out, I was blown away at how unusual such an act is... and the amazing response that people that truly receive grace from another give. As one that has ultimately received grace from God... which is what I needed... it was cool to see an example of that grace extended and the relief that comes into relationships when someone makes the move to bring peace.

I conclude with a song... one of my favorites that we sang a little impromptu after the NOW set tonight...

Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel I'm moving to the rhythm of Your grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in the secret place
Cause Your love is extravagant

Spread wide in the arms of Christ
there's a love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known;
You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace