God can blow me away in mysterious ways

You know, it's amazing how God works sometime.

I went out today to Piedmont Park to run after work.  I had planned to do a 4 mile/9 song (I time/distance my runs sometimes by how many songs play on my iPod when I'm out) run after my 9 miler on Saturday.  Well, I got through 7 songs and in the middle of the 8th, when something unexpected happened...

My iPod ran out of juice.  It just turned off.  

I tried to turn it off and turn it on... nothing.  I tried to reduce the volume (that sometimes works with iPods)... not so much.  

I had about 3/4 of a mile to go before I finished.  I usually (aka - rarely, ahem- never) run without music.  I always jam to the trail.  I'm committed to finishing strong, so I'm not going to walk now... 

So I feel this nudging... maybe I should pray.  So I start having this conversation with God on the last 3/4 mile at Piedmont Park.  I found out that He wanted to talk to me about some stuff and let me get some things out.  At some point, I forgot I didn't have Hillsong or Nickelback jamming on my iPod... Me and God just hanging out (at a 9 minute mile pace, of course) having a conversation about what's going on with me, and it was awesome.  I needed some time with God and He showed up right where I was (as cliche as it is to say that).  Now I won't tell you what we discussed... I talk to God about stuff I don't talk about with many people.  I trust Him.  You know, when you're talking to someone who's in the know about everything it's kind of pointless to hide stuff.  Just sayin'.  

And I finished my run refreshed, energized, encouraged, and without some of the baggage I started the run with.  Not that I'm ever recommending de-juicing an iPod on a workout, but this time it was providential.  Good times :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace