Runner's High

I'm pretty stoked.  Today I went out with a friend to Stone Mountain for my long training run for the Silver Comet 1/2 Marathon in October and did a 9 mile run.  My longest ever!

You know what's funny - I feel great!  I have a lot of energy and while I'll probably feel a little soreness tomorrow, all is well with the world.  I'm really confident that I'm good for this 13.1 I'm about to embark on in October.  

Those of you that know runners have probably heard of the "runners' high," which is when in the middle of a long run the endorphins kick in and you have this "high" feeling when running (except without drugs :) ).  I got this at about mile 5 today and man I have to tell you it felt great.  I was in the zone, gliding along at harmony with nature and the statue of 3 dead Confederate generals.  It's a cool feeling.  I think I will go back for a little more of that.  

And of course, like at the end of every long run, we did breakfast.  This time at Thumbs Up Diner (my favorite place in Atlanta), which creates another high... the food high.  This "high" sometimes doesn't have the same positive consequences as the runners' high, though.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace