A humorous take on the Beer Summit

So, the grand photo op of this week happened. The aptly named "Beer Summit" or "B3 Summit" was held at the White House yesterday between Professor Gates, a prominent professor at Harvard University and Sgt. Crowley, a Cambridge police officer that arrested him for disorderly conduct when he was answering a call about a break in at Gates' house (turns out that Gates was breaking into his own house) and Gates did not cooperate when he came in to check on the situation.

Of course the charges were dropped. This was in fact a huge misunderstanding that should have gotten a little blip in page 10 of the newspaper but because of certain factors (aka - the professor's prominence) it was raised to National debate and even more because President Obama put his foot in his mouth, rushed to conclusions, and said that the cop had acted "Stupidly." So, partly to cover for his own mistake, Obama invites these guys to the White House for a beer to talk... so you have the "beer summit."

I found out that the B3 was actually the B4 - Joe Biden was invited. I wonder what that conversation was like:

Obama: "Okay, Joe, I'm going to let you come in on this photo op, but don't talk. Just sit there and drink your non-alcoholic beer and smile for the camera."
Biden: "Oh man, you don't let me get to do anything fun. This non-alcoholic beer sucks."
Obama: "Well, so does Bud Light and I'm going to force this crap down my throat too. I'm trying to position myself to the American people as a regular guy... can't do that drinking exotic microbrews, you know. You create enough controversy with what you say when you're sober... there's no way I'm letting you out there drunk."
Biden: "You mean, I should put my flask away?"
Obama: "YES! I'm doing this because I talked out of my butt... if you screw this up by talking out of yours there's not enough beer in Milwaukee to have beers with all of the people you're going to (upset)."
Biden: "Okay, I won't talk."
Obama: "Here they are. How do I look?"
Biden: "You could stand to lose a few pounds, Mr. President."
Obama: "Grrr.... well, I'm going to have to get Kobe down here for some more hoops, and stop talking without a teleprompter so I don't have to go out and get more beers brought to the White House. It's amazing that I turned this whole debacle into a debate on race in America."
Biden: "Way to spin this thing in your favor, Mr. President."
Obama: "Thank you, it's what I do best."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace