Six Degrees and Review of Bangkok Thyme Thai & Sushi

Last night, I and about 10 other friends went out to our monthly "Six Degrees" dinner club outing. This time, I picked out a place near my 'hood that I've been wanting to try for a while but hadn't gotten around to it. The restaurant we went out to was Bangkok Thyme.

Bangkok Thyme is a combination Thai and Sushi restaurant in Sandy Springs (the "North Buckhead" area of Sandy Springs) and has a really good atmosphere, attentive waiters, and high quality food. It was pretty reasonable too. I remember as we were talking and waiting on our dinners to come out that I would get really envious of the other dishes being brought out (everything looked great!). I got the chef's special fried rice, which I asked to make spicy. I highly recommend it, even if you are like one of our guests that is more of a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy. There is something for everyone there.

These dinner clubs are always fun and there's usually a slightly different crowd there every month. I really liked the dynamic of our group last night, there was a lot of energy (of course, that could be because of the "Thai spice" too). In fact, several of us went out to the Crown & Anchor next door and chilled out for a few hours afterwards.

The outing next month (September 18) will be the one year anniversary of this dinner club and it doesn't seem real to me. This monthly gathering literally started as a conversation with my friend Katherine (whom I trade cat-sitting with) about wanting to do nice dinners like this with friends without all of the pressure that comes with "dating." As a result we set up an outing for 8 friends at NAVA one evening has this has now evolved into this monthly opportunity to relax, meet new people, and introduce our friends to our other friends (hence how I named it "Six Degrees"). It's really become one of the highlights of my month and a great way to wind down from a long work week (which this has been a long yet productive one for me).

This next month will be at the Treehouse (which is a very good and well-known neighborhood/patio restaurant in Peachtree Hills) and I would love it if we celebrated by having over 30 people there so we can reserve the downstairs patio. That should be a good time, but it's still a month away. Right now, I've got some great Thai leftovers in my fridge that I think I'll work on after singing in UpStreet tomorrow morning :-).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace