Country Music 1/2 Thoughts

This weekend, I once again PR'd (Personal Record for those that don't talk "runner" :-) ) another half marathon... saving a little over a minute off my previous PR in Savannah.

Time:  drumroll please...

2:15:04!

I love that.  It made me happy to say "PR" - I won't lie.

This was really a great event... the final concert was a great touch and Nashville is always a great city to visit.  We all had a fantastic time.

Of course, I did have a couple of musings from the race, other than "Hey, check me out... I got a PR" (even though I'm still happy about that)

----------

At mile 10, one of the bands playing was the worship band from the Belmont Baptist Church, which I really loved.  They were playing some great songs too... stuff you'd hear at NorthPoint during our Sunday times.  I was happy to see them play and witness like they did.  Note to the guy with the bullhorn at the Dogwood Festival... take notes from these guys and just be Jesus to people that need to see Him for who He really is.  They were really out to encourage us runners and provide some God-honoring (and good) music.  I was also pleased to see that they're on the race "band list" - so Yay! to the Rock-and-Roll team for allowing a worship band to be an official race band :-).

----------

I can't tell where I saw this sign (I think it was around mile 4 or 5), but I saw this sign that said "Run in the mile you're in" that really encouraged me.  Being early in the race, it reminded me to pace myself and remember that I'm in a half marathon and not a sprint.  However, I thought it was a good reminder for life too...

Run the mile you're in.

Well, I took that as "be content and live where God has planted you."  I think all of us future-oriented vision people could use that reminder sometimes.  At race time, I was in mile 4, and I got a good reminder to pace myself because I had 9.1 more to go.  But in life, I'm not exactly sure what mile I'm in, but I should run in it and make it count.

So I'll run in the mile I'm in.  So far, it's a pretty good mile :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace