Great Urban Runs

Tonight, I finally got an opportunity to get some time to myself and take one of the runs that is on my "list" to do. Being in San Francisco, there were two, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Embarcadero.

Tonight, I ran the Embarcadero - and it was everything that I was hoping it to be. We got off work around 6:30 and walked back to the hotel down in Union Square. I then got my running clothes on and ran toward Market Street and followed until I got to the Bay and the Embarcadero and then proceeded to run from Pier 1 to Pier 39 and back right around dusk/dark. The weather was perfect for running... about low 50's and the scenery was amazing.

The best part of the run was the trip back from Pier 39 toward Market. I had a great view of the Bay on my left with the Bay Bridge lit up and the San Francisco skyline (one of the better skylines in the country) lit up on my right. Not to mention, there were plenty of runners and walkers out and I got to pass by several restaurants that I visited in my time here.

So, that's one off my list :-). Compiling my list of best urban runs...

1. Lake Shore Drive in Chicago - check
2. The Embarcadero - SF - check
3. Central Park - NYC - yet to do
4. Town Lake - Austin - check
5. PCH Orange County (Newport/Huntington Beach) - check

I'll think of others. But for now, this run made me really happy... and tired :-)

chris <><

Comments

Lauren said…
Huntington Beach is #1!
S.F. is really nice. We should run the S.F. marathon.

-Derek
Chris said…
Ha Ha - you're biased! That was a great run though :).

Not so sure about SF... what about the San Diego/La Jolla rock & roll?

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

The B(C)S Strikes Again