No kidding!

Read article: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080327/D8VLP21G0.html

It appears that the glut of flight groundings continues, as the FAA is (rightfully) getting bullish on enforcing plane maintenance inspections now. My flight last night, originally a 7:20PM departure from Charlotte, was postponed till 9pm and then cancelled. Fortunately, Delta was kind enough to put me on a US Airways flight home, which wasn't too bad considering it is a 45 minute flight, I was tired, and I was just glad (at midnight) to be home.

I did find out, as I was getting rescheduled and moved off of Delta, that the reason my flight was cancelled was because of an FAA-inspired inspection. Which makes me wonder, how long have they been sloppy on maintenance here, especially with the MD-80's and MD-88's, which I happen to fly a lot because it's the bulk of Delta's short range fleet. A little concerning... so I'm not too upset over getting bumped.

On the good side, having spent over 5 1/2 hours in the Charlotte-Douglas airport (1 1/2 hours longer than it would have taken me to drive home), I am an astute expert on it. What's nice about Charlotte-Douglas is that, unlike other Airportopolis downtowns (if you're wondering about this term, there's a blog in Feb 2008 about Airportoplis) , it has a good food selection which is not quite Culcina Generica. The rocking chairs in the lobby are nice too.

Ah... back to work. :-). Have a great day, and a safe one if you're flying.

chris <><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace