An ode to McDonald's

In honor of my last post... 

Bringing me to a time long ago
A time when innocence reigned
Life was new and
Nothing was done in vain

Ronald and friends calling my name
Seeing the arches up in the sky
The jubilation of kids knowing the fame
Happy meals brought joy to our eye

Hamburgers and french fries, oh boy!
The taste of milkshakes made us insane
But the best were the ketchup and fries
They were addictive like crack cocaine (still are... Yikes!)

I have to say the best thing I saw
In my golden arches blast from the past
Was kids and dads in quality time
Moments in time that forever last

Perhaps that's worth a few calories
An environment pure and sincere
Families bonding in a moment in time
Moments that forever endear

I got my own little french fry fix
Packs of ketchup, relax with a grin
As I left with craving satisfied 
I signed myself up to head to the gym ;-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace