A return to childhood

Saturday morning, I woke up late after having and fun (and somewhat late) night the night before... and started to groggily migrate toward my usual Saturday morning "me and God time" routine... which is to make an omelet, coffee and just chill for a while.  There were a few problems with this on Saturday the 16th.  First, I was out of shredded cheese... a critical ingredient in my patented omelets.  Second, I was out of coffee filters... even more disgraceful.  

In light of that, I started thinking about options and started to crave one of those new McDonald's southern style chicken biscuits... I actually like them better than the Chick-Fil-A ones because the biscuits are much better tasting (of course, this is from the mass amounts of shortening they put in them so this is probably not so much of a good thing, but I was thinking about pure taste and not pure product quality at the time).  Okay, plan made.  However, there was one big problem with this plan... I woke up at 11:55AM which is well past the time that Mickey D's stops serving breakfast.  You would think that on the weekends (especially with the popularity of "brunch") that breakfast hours would be extended but not so much.  

However, McDonald's was already on the brain... so my mind mindlessly migrated to munching on a monstrous pack of McDonald's french fries.... of course on the way to Publix to go buy some healthy food (which I did).  But, this journey back to childhood... the days of McDonald's french fries, had begun.... as I went to "bistro McDonald's" near Perimeter mall to feed my craving.  Now, I like a lot of kids were addicted to Mickey D's as a kid, getting Happy Meals and spending time in the Playland (and trying to spin that "Ferris wheel" as fast as we could).  I loved it, even though I somewhat grew out of it when I started caring about my health more than my desire for fast food fries.  It was good, however, to spend a little part of my morning in a blast to the past... and it was cool to see a lot of dads walking in with their kids getting some father-son time during lunch.  That was cool too.  

Yes... I still love the french fries... and the ketchup.  I don't know what it is about McDonald's ketchup but it is still my favorite to put on french fries :-).  

And just so you know, I did act like a grown up and spend 40 minutes on the treadmill to pay for the calories.  Even as a kid, you still have to grow up sometime.  HA!

chris <><

Comments

Bethany said…
I am not lying but as I read this, the smell of MCD's french fries filtered into my office..what in the WORLD?! This is ALL I can think about now.
Chris said…
It must be God speaking to you ;-) ha! (maybe not)

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

The B(C)S Strikes Again