A couple of cool things I have seen lately

First, I got an email the other day from my friend Chad in Houston about an article that NPR wrote up about a video of street singers in in New Orleans that included a guy named "Grandpa Elliott."  When a group of us stopped in New Orleans (my first time) on the way for a guys' weekend in Destin, we were amazed at how good this guy was (or the statement was made:  how good the street performers are).  Little did I know that he's a N.O. icon and has been at it for many, many years now.  

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103715874

Second, I've been reading John Eldridge's "Walking with God" as a study for small group, and have really been encouraged in reading it... and in applying what I'm reading.  The "Fall" section that I am in the middle of the book has really rocked.  Ask me at some point about it, I'd love to share a little more (and of course, sell this book shamelessly :) )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

The B(C)S Strikes Again