Fall (Walking With God)

Some of you know that I'm a very big fan of John Eldredge's books.... a few of you know that I'm reading "Walking With God" right now (especially if you're in my small group and reading this :) )

The book is broken out into seasons, representing seasons of our life that God brings us through in our relationship with Him. I am reading through Fall, which has been a great read because in a way I've got to revisit some places that He has brought me through in my personal journey through reading it, to be encouraged by His work in my life, and to listen for his still small voice encouraging me to hand over other agreements to him.

One thing that I'm really liking, and praying for, is for God to truly rebuild my personality centered on His love. This is a prayer that John Eldredge consistently prays in this season, and it's something that I really want myself. It's getting me thinking about: "What is my personality centered around today?" And, am I willing to open myself up to my Heavenly Father to reconstruct that into something completely at its core centered on the truth of my Heavenly Fathers' everlasting love for me? For John, it was (is - if using the present tense in the book) "Make It Happen" - striving, always having to be in control. To move from that to a personality resting in the love of God is quite a paradigm shift... but it's something that I believe God desires for us, He created us to experience, and if I'm honest with myself at my core... I truly desire.  

One verse that popped out from my reading that I'm really liking is this:

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
Hide me in the shadow of your wings - Psalm 17:8

Lord, rebuild my personality based on your love. I want to rest in you and through my life show others how awesome you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace