Great Quotes

"As long as our happiness is tied to the things we can lose, we are vulnerable." - John Elderidge.  

I like this quote... it matches up with one of my favorite quotes from Jim Elliot:

"He is no fool who trades that which he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  

And another (from Solomon)
"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." - Proverbs 4:23

Good stuff.  So, what is your (my) happiness tied to?  If you (I) think about it objectively, are you willing to go "all in" on that something(one)?  And if not, how do you (I) change your (my) bet so that the something/someone you (I) are going "all in" on will truly deliver the goods?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

The B(C)S Strikes Again