What do you do while you wait?

A few months ago, I wrote a blog about what to do when you are waiting... and even featured the song from Fireproof that is getting a lot of radio airtime right now (I obviously like the lyrics to it).  This morning, I figured I'd list a few things that I am doing now in my season of waiting, as long or as short as it is at this point in my life.  Of course, you look at some of the things on my list and you'll probably agree with me that I'll keep some of these around.

1.) Traveling to places in the world that need to see the love of Jesus demonstrated and supporting ministries across the world attempting to reach their communities and nations for Christ.
2.) Training for (and going to run) a 1/2 Marathon (October 31st)
3.) Helping Buckhead Church make the childrens' environments in UpStreet amazingly fun and modeling devotion to Jesus to kids that will grow up to be leaders in the future.  Last week's craziness:  the penguin costume.
4.) Planning a dinner club to help connect friends and try new restaurants.  I've had some fun times and some great meals in this process.
5.) Giving every morning at around 5:30 to God to spend in His word.  This habit, of course, is a keeper.
6.) Blogging.  I obviously like to write.
7.) I just started in a softball league with some people from work on Fridays.  Conyers is a little different than the rest of Metro Atlanta, but I'm still having fun.
8.) Speaking of connecting with coworkers, I also started in a "Biggest Loser" contest... I don't think I'll win but I'm using it to motivate me to finish out the goals I set out at the beginning of the year.  I talked my boss into joining in on this (he doesn't really "need" to lose weight either), so I've got a little extra motivation to give this thing 110% from that too.
9.) Terrance from my BC UpStreet singing team showed me some voice exercises last Sunday and a site with some material from Berklee Music.  I'm going to start giving some time to training my voice, even if it gives me flashbacks to B'Wood Choir.
10.) I'm getting excited about going back to the mountains and snow skiing this winter.  I'm praying for great snow this year.
11.) Checking out new bands and finding interesting music videos on YouTube.

I could list out some more.  This is my Big Ten (11 if you think of the conference)...  I love my life and even when the waiting is over I'm sure the growth and the adventure will not cease (with a partner in crime I'm sure it will grow and evolve... lol).  That's my aim.

Comments

Meghan said…
While I was sitting here working on a PowerPoint presentation today, I discovered you can watch Fireproof on YouTube - Yeah!

Thanks for reminding me about "Waiting." It really is a great song. It fits with me right now. I think I'll work on my top 10 waitings tonight. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace