Dieting at McDonalds?

As ridiculous as the title may sound, I actually did this during lunch today.  I had fully intended to use my lunch to work out... make a run by LA Fitness for a 30 minute treadmill session and then bring a Chick-Fil-A chargrilled sandwich and a fruit cup back to my desk.  That plan got a wrench thrown into it when a meeting went long, 12:30 rolled around, and I just needed to grab something quick and come back.  

So, since McDonalds just happens to be the only logical quick lunch based on where my office is, I decided to settle for that and get one of the salads there.  I ordered the Premium Southwest Salad with a Diet Coke and came back to my desk.  

First of all... I'm impressed!  This salad is actually good!  No brown lettuce and a good assortment of greens in the mix.  Also, the southwestern flavor was really well done, and loved the lime glaze over the chicken (a bit too heavy on the tortilla chips, but you can toss some of those aside).  I ordered the salad with grilled chicken since I'm trying to lose all of the Christmas and Thanksgiving weight.  For a quick meal salad, I'd give this 3 1/2 stars...

I did have to check the nutrition on this meal... which is available at http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/nutrition_info.html... and I'm on track :-).  With the Neuman's Own Southwest Salad Dressing (100 calories, 50 from fat), I'm at 420 total calories if I consume the whole salad and dressing packet... 130 from fat.  For a diet lunch, that isn't too bad... and for a lunch at McDonalds... that's pretty awesome.  

Okay Ronald, I think you may have grown up now :-).  Thanks for doing good.  

Comments

Mike Tiemann said…
I was impressed by their salads when we were at Northside when Amelia was born... and McD's was the only food option. Not bad!

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace