More things I love

Having just gotten home from Global Night of Worship at Buckhead Church (through a driving lightening-storm), I'm thinking it's just about time for another "50 things I love" post...

50 more things that I love... 

1. Seeing cool lightening (from a safe place indoors of course).
2. The song "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns... it was my life song for a while.  Love it.
3. Actually praising God in the middle of a LITERAL storm.  Global Night of Worship ROCKED.  
4. But... let's be real... Jesus ROCKS way more than a single event.  He should get 1-50.  Serious.
5. While I'm at it... new songs... I'll list a few...
6. Wonder of the World by Rush of Fools
7. Love is Here by Tenth Avenue North
8. Can't Stop by Leeland (ok, not a new song but I still can't get enough of it)
9. Stronger by Hillsong United.
10. I will Rise by Chris Tomlin
11. Ohio (Come Back To Texas) by Bowling for Soup
12. How He Loves by John Mark McMillan (if you haven't heard this song, you need to!)
13. Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
14. Texas BBQ... which means slow smoked beef brisket that you can cut with a fork.
15. Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream
16. Messina Hof (esp. the Cabernet Franc)
17. Listening to people around the world worship God in their own language.
18. Visiting places with lots of natural beauty... a recent trip to Tallulah Gorge reminded me of this
19. Talking about real issues with someone I disagree with but can share perspective
20. Making someone laugh
21. Good pizzerias. (not of the take out variety)
22. Finding out the jeans that were hugging my butt are now falling a little
23. Screen on the Green in Atlanta in June (Back to the Future is first show!)
24. And that reminds me...Old movies from back in the day (holy Metamucil, Batman!  Am I getting old?).. Maybe I should list a few :)
25. Three Amigos
26. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
27. Back to the Future (and part II)
28. Ghostbusters (NOT the sequel)
29. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
30. The Star Wars (original) Trilogy
31. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
32. Quoting lines from the above movies (comment if you want to play the matching game)
33. "Why don't you make like a tree... and get outta here."
34. "He chose, poorly."
35. "Well, we're about to be a whole lot thinner!"
36. "Well that's not something you see everyday."
37. "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"
38. "I love you."
 "I know."
39.  "Do you have kiss for daddy?"
40. "Infamous?  Wow, infamous."
41.  "You can keep the five bucks!"
42. Watching my cat try to sleep in very unusual positions
43. The fact that someone has probably read this far down :)
44. Facebook
45. The Stone Mountain Laser Light Show (as cheesy as it is)
46. Dueling piano bars (fav was one in the San Diego Gas Lamp district called the Shout House)
47. Weirdly enough, riding the NYC Subway
48. Boston... that city is freakin' cool
49. Game nights, even if I don't "get" the games
50. Reflecting on how cool God is... especially after having a great experience connecting with His heart in worship.

Comments

Mike Tiemann said…
Cool post! Totally agree on #45. I love it when Robert E. Lee puts down his sword.

About #47 - have you ever ridden the London Underground? It is impeccably designed.
Jenna said…
You are cracking me up with this list! Sadly, I love all of these movies and also know all these movie lines. #13, I always have 2 of them in my pantry. Can’t get enough! I completely agree with several of these, especially 17-19. I always feel closer to God in places of natural beauty. Also. I spent a Christmas with my family in Austria. We went to a Christmas Eve service that was in German in this amazing, old cathedral. We sang Silent Night with the congregation, which was really incredible and is one of my favorite travel memories.
Chris said…
Nice. It looks like I accomplished #20 with this post... Very nice!

Popular posts from this blog

Is it time to drop the "Jesus" of the Chosen?

After the Red Sea: A redeemed people that didn't trust (or love) their God (Exodus 16-17)

Issac, the Patriarch of Peace